8/9/07

Our Review

99% of all the blogs out there are total and utter crap.

I know it’s a hard thing to fathom, but yet, it is true. I am not saying that mine is any kind of greatness what so ever. I am not saying that mine rules from on high as the blog overlord. I am not even saying that if you read mine you will find Jesus, but you might. I’m just saying, on the whole, most blogs suck. It’s a bad blog when the word “tedious” enters your vocabulary.

And I am certainly guilty of writing some massive monkey loads of crap. It usually happens when you force it out. I can’t write everyday, if I do, then well, you get something that is only fitting to be read while you poop and you can’t reach the shampoo bottle to check the ingredients.

I am thankful to all the people that visit my site and constantly make my morning with their visit or their comments. Again, the fragile ego comes into play here and it is always a boost to here good things or funny comments.

If you are like me, then you may read blogs daily to help you get through work. Provided that they are not blocked because of foul language. Sorry about that to those who are. I do hope that my blog can give you somewhat of a break during your day. But knowing that it lasts only a short time, I offer you something extra today.

I have blogs that I read every week, every day and sometimes every couple of hours. For your enjoyment, I offer you a review of these blogs so that you will have something to do during a mindless 3 hour meeting where all you will talk about is how to set up the next meeting.

Also, for any other bloggers out there, please leave your blog address in the comments section so that we may all enjoy everything that is you. Or if you have other interesting or funny sites, please LET US KNOW! I have to be on hold with someone for a very long time today and I would appreciate any mind numbing fodder you can offer up!

1. www.postsecret.com
Seriously, everyone has had to heard of this by now. But just incase, check it out. It’s art, it’s therepy, it’s someone saying that everytime her parents call she has to poop. It’s updated every Sunday.

2. www.trueofficeconfessions.com
“I want to f*ck my coworker so hard that she calls her father afterward to apologize for everything she's done wrong in life.” ----That may be the funniest sex thing I have ever read. Updated every couple of hours.

3. www.truedadconfessions.com; www.truemomconfessions.com
These are on the same vein as the one above and can be very entertaining but somewhat paranoid. When I read the true mom confessions I secretly think that everyone was posted by my wife. I go home every night and apologize. However, it’s funny as hell sometimes. Guys like blow jobs, who knew? Updated every couple of hours.

4. www.dadgonemad.com
I aspire to be this man. This is your blogging god, worship him. Seriously, this dude is massively funny. I read a lot of Dad Blogs but this one is the best. Not to shat on my other fellow dad bloggers, but this guy is funny as hell. He posts every other day or so.

5. http://www.uexpress.com/dearabby/
It’s your daily dose of Dear Abby. I have read her since I was 14. It always makes me feel better knowing that people out there are more screwed up than I am. And for the last time—if your husband is sleeping with his step daughter, please leave him.

6. www.thechestpains.blogspot.com
This is a blog by a stay at home dad and one of my personal heroes. He’s a SAHD but yet, still cool. He hasn’t gone sissy and still cusses. It’s a pretty funny look fatherhood on a daily basis. It’s not all about fatherhood, and I was very impressed when he took a picture of his hernia scar for the whole world to see. That took balls. When you see the picture, you’ll know what I am talking about.

7. http://www.newsoftheweird.com/
Weird stories that make no sense from around the world. Here’s an example: “Robert Theriault, 49, a courthouse security officer in Concord, N.H., was convicted in April of persuading a couple that he was a tester for an insurance company and would pay them $20 to have sex in front of him so he could evaluate a certain bed sheet and condom.” There are so many questions that I want to ask about that story. Who is that dumb? Updated every Sunday.

8. http://blogs.sltrib.com/plurallife/
This is my soap opera type blog. It’s a blog that has to deal with polygamy. That is jacked up, seriously. It makes for an entertaining read though, kinda like watching a natural disaster—you’ve just got to see the pics. These people are so jacked up. I found it after watching the HBO series Big Love one time. The thought of 4 wives—seriously, have they thought this through? One is enough for me, thank you. That’s why god invented mistresses people. Updated daily.

9. http://kev.homelinux.net/index.php
Another Dad blog. You can see a theme here, can you not? But this one is more of a real life look into being a stay at home dad. His encounter with a mom’s group—priceless. Updated every once in a while.

I hope everyone enjoys the list above and it gives you something to do when I am to damn lazy to throw down a new blog. And remember, if you have anything you want to add to the list—let’s hear it!

2 comments:

  1. I have been reading this blog non stop at work and have commented on some of the most recent posts. I LOVE THIS BLOG Honestly Your Blog Rocks. I ve read all the old posts and you are american as apple pie sir. I enjoy reading blogs but yours is the cream of the crop. The Man Card! genius. You are not afraid to be a dorky dad and that is cool. I pity that you work for the government though as an intern here i can not think of a worse place to work. Please do not doubt your self and continue to write this blog!

    if I were to review you would be alongside greg mankiw and CaptiousNut as my favortie blog writers.

    Keep hope alive hossdad. keep hope alive.

    -i<3hossdads'blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you enjoy the blog so much. I figure that when I quit working for the goverment, then I can tell you some stories. Sometimes I think I am funny, other times I think I suck. But either way, I'm glad that I am entertaining. If you have other blogs that you like to read, please let us know. Seriously, I about to have alot of downtime!

    ReplyDelete