10/16/09

The Friday Five

5 Things I Never Thought I Would Do As A Parent.

5. Allow my kid to run around in just his diaper. Before kids I thought it was white trash. Guess what, it turns out I'm a little white trash. Who knew a 2 year old could go through 4 pairs of jeans in one day?

4. Explain right and wrong to my 3 year old using Star Wars analogies.

3. Parent from the toilet. Nothing says parental supervision like a voice screaming through an open bathroom door.

2. Eat whatever my kids left on thier plate because I'm just to tired to cook my own meal. Nothing says well rounded nutrition like a slimy chicken nugget.

1. Have a serious conversation with my cat explaining to him that since I have easily spent 2000 bucks on vet bills for him, he owes me big time. And if that means that my daughter wants to put a bonnet on his head and throw him in a stroller, jump up and get comfy. It will give me 20 minutes of peace and that's all I'm asking for 2 grand.

2 comments:

  1. You mean parenting from the toilet isn't normal? Dam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought I would give my son a pacifier or let him watch TV before the age of 2...oops.

    ReplyDelete